A monthly column by Pieter Mioch featuring a thorough
game commentary tastefully seasoned with go-related
stories and clues to the meaning of life.
"If you never question anything, you won't get very far."
- Daigo part I
- Discussion of the ideas behind the opening moves
of a large scale opening pattern.
- Daigo part II
- Where did black play his 13th move? Read the answer
and see how the game continues...
- Daigo part III
- How did that fight in the corner turn out? A compromise?
- Daigo part IV
- The first fighting comes to a close, check the result.
- Daigo part V
- After the fighting in the upper-right black seems safely ahead.
But is he?
- Daigo part VI
- Since white is behind in territory his best chance is
to seek the attack. Meanwhile black looks for a way
to deal with his weak stones, trying to settle the
- Daigo part VII
- The game ends with a huge fight in the center of the board.
Black, who was ahead most of the game has to be very careful...